What can I expect in a session?
When the uterus is shifted back into its correct position through external massage, the pelvic area and surrounding organs fall naturally into balance. Accumulated toxins are released and hormones work effectively so that reproductive organs are in good health as is the rest of the body. This state is essential for healthy reproductive functioning, such as painless menses, healthy pregnancy, effective labour and birth.
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® also addresses old adhesions resulting from the treatment of fibroid tumors and endometriosis, as well as caesarean delivery and hysterectomies. Improved blood supply and circulation prevents the formation of scar tissue after surgery, as well as benefitting other organs and ligaments in the pelvic region.
How quickly should I expect a change?
Depending on the severity of the problem, it may take as little as one session and as long as many months for the position of your uterus to be corrected and for your ligaments to gain enough strength and elasticity for it to stay in place. A minimum of three sessions is usually recommended.
You will be shown how to perform the abdominal massage on yourself. It takes just five minutes each day. Women often report a rapid improvement in symptoms and sense of well being when they practise self care regularly.
There are certain conditions where application of these techniques are either contraindicated or require modification.
- During active menstruation
- For a woman using an IUD for birth control
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery or the first 3 months after a c-section
- If cancer is present or suspected anywhere in the pelvis, or while undergoing chemotherapy
- During the first 19 weeks of pregnancy (modification required)
- Hiatal Hernia (gentle massage required)
- Active and acute infection
- Abdominal Aneurysm
- Pessary for uterine prolapse (remove prior to your session).
The Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy® are offered as a supportive modality to enhance health and wellness, and are not meant as an entire approach to health care. If you have any serious medical conditions, please consult your health care provider first.